Outcome of application
Once you have applied for social housing and provided all requested documentation, we will write to you to confirm whether or not you have qualified for inclusion on the housing register. If you have been added to the register, we will inform you of:
- Your housing application number and details of how to Login to use On the Move
- The band your application has been placed in and your effective date. Click on Prioritising Applications and Banding for more information.
- The number of bedrooms you are entitled to (see below).
- Whether you should bid for adapted properties only.
You must tell us if there are any changes in your circumstances so that we can reassess your application and if necessary make changes to your band and effective date.
You will only be eligible for properties that are suitable for the size of your family.
When calculating the number of bedrooms you require, the below will apply:
- A single person household will be able to bid on studio and one bedroom properties
- A couple will be able to bid on one bedroom properties but not studios
- 2 same sex children are expected to share a double bedroom
- 2 opposite sex children are expected to share a double bedroom until the age of 10