Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

Housing Options



The Housing Options Wizard is currenly unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, we hope the options below will be of help.

If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, please contact the Housing Solutions Team on 01702 215002.

Social housing
If you would like to apply for social housing, please click 'register' on the top right hand side of this website.

Please note that not everyone who applies for social housing will qualify for inclusion on the Housing Register. Those who do qualify for inclusion on the register are not guaranteed an offer for social housing so are encouraged to explore options within the private rented sector.

Further details on applying for social housing are avaialble here.

Mutual exchange
If you live in social housing and would like to swap your home with another social housing tenant, please register with

Poor property conditions
If you are living in a private rented property and there are problems with the condition of your home, please raise this with your landlord in the first instance.

If your landlord or letting agent is a SEAL member (South East Alliance of Landlords, Agents & residents) you should inform SEAL of the problems at or ring 07722 600 639.

If your landlord fails to resolve the issues please contact the council's Private Sector Housing Enforcement Team by emailing

If you require some general support maintaining your tenancy i.e. managing your bills, applying for benefits, looking after yourself or your home, please contact Peabody floating support for help on 01702 445 870 or

You can also go to Peabody floating support drop in sessions in the borough. For details of these, please click here.

If you have mobility issues and would like an assessment to see if  adaptations to your home would help you to maintain your independence, please request a social care assessment by calling 01702 215008 and choosing option 5 followed by option 1 or completing a self-assessment online.

Help with essential living costs
If you are unable to afford essential living items such as furniture, food or white goods, you can apply to the Essential Living Fund (ELF) for support. Further details regarding the ELF scheme and how to apply are avaialble here.


EHO introduction image